WORKPLACE HARASSMENT & VIOLENCE PREVENTION TRAINING
The Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention course from Safety First Training presents the provincial government OHSA regulations of Bill 168 and Bill 132. All Ontario workplaces must have a harassment policy program in place and provide training to all employees.
Training is offered around Southern Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individualsRequest More Info Pricing
Want to take the Online course instead?View Online Course
Workplace Harassment & Violence Prevention Training
- Workplace Harassment & Violence Prevention Training Video
- How Workplace Harassment & Violence is defined by current OHSA legislation
- Legal obligation of employers, rights of the workers
- How to recognize behaviour types and sources of workplace harassment and violence
- What employment groups may be at risk
- Preventive measures that can reduce the risk of harassment and violence
- Awareness of basic crisis prevention, personal safety and de-escalation techniques
- What to do if you experience or observe harassing or violent behaviours in your workplace
Train the Trainer – Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention
Our professional Train the Trainer certification course for Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention allow our clients to learn how to teach OHSA based courses directly to their employees. When individuals or groups of employees need safety training, these train the trainer programs can be more cost effective than hiring outside training companies. We will train you to be an effective Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention safety trainer for your company.
Our Train the Trainer Course Package include:
- Professional Teaching Guide
- Participant Course Handout
- Evaluation Forms
- Wall Certificate template
- Instructor Course Presentation
- Course Test and Answer Key
- Course Video Supplement
- Wallet Card template
The Workplace Harassment & Violence Prevention Training course provides participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies they need to identify potentially dangerous situations, mitigate them, and respond to them. By enabling participants to discern between different, difficult, and dangerous people, this course helps them to determine appropriate de-escalation and response strategies. It also goes into detail about how to deal with a workplace violence incident after-the-fact, through a discussion of support strategies.
Everyone has a right and is legally allowed to work in a safe, healthy and respectful workplace. Through the Ontario Ministry of Labour, the Occupational Health and Safety Act sets out roles and responsibilities of the workplace for companies, managers, supervisors and employees with respect to workplace harassment & workplace violence, including developing and implementing policies and programs and providing information and instruction on these. With over 25 years of providing safety training in the workplace, we can help your company be compliant with this course.
Up to 4 hours, depending on participants’ experience levels
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records