WHMIS TRAINING | ONSITE | ONLINE | TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSES
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015/GHS) safety course reviews the previous WHMIS 1998 parameters and identifies the changes to the new WHMIS 2015 (GHS) requirements for the workplace. WHMIS joined forces with the worldwide hazard community known as GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals) and now WHMIS in Canada has been renamed to Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015) and follows a very similar outline to GHS. Training is offered around Southern Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge. We also offer WHMIS 2015 Train the Trainer courses.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individuals
Want to take the Online WHMIS / GHS course instead?View Online Course
WHMIS Training | WHMIS GHS Training Canada
WHMIS Training Course Outline:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS GHS) introduction
- Safety video
- Hazards of the products
- Hazard classes
- Site and job specific information for employees
- Safety procedures for storage, handling, use, disposal, emergencies and spills
- Supplier and workplace label interpretation
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS), importance and interpretation
Train the Trainer – WHMIS 2015/GHS
Our professional Train the Trainer certification course for WHMIS 2015/GHS allow our clients to learn how to teach OHSA based courses directly to their employees. When individuals or groups of employees need safety training, these train the trainer programs can be more cost effective than hiring outside training companies. We will train you to be an effective WHMIS 2015/GHS safety trainer for your company.
Our Train the Trainer Course Package include:
- Professional Teaching Guide
- Participant Course Handout
- Evaluation Forms
- Wall Certificate template
- Instructor Course Presentation
- Course Test and Answer Key
- Course Video Supplement
- Wallet Card template
See our blog for WHMIS TRAINING FAQ’s
How does updating WHMIS by adopting GHS standards improve workplace health and safety?
- WHMIS training canada has remained largely unchanged since it was established in 1988. It is a comprehensive system for communicating information about hazardous workplace chemicals. However, there are health and safety benefits to adopting the new GHS standards.
- The new criteria for classifying chemicals are more comprehensive and detailed than those in WHMIS 1988. This will make it easier for suppliers to indicate the severity of hazards.
- WHMIS 2015 training addresses some hazardous properties of chemicals that are not addressed in WHMIS 1988 (e.g. specific target organ toxicity – single exposure and aspiration hazard).
- WHMIS 2015 training provides for standardized language on labels and safety data sheets, ensuring employers and workers receive the same core information about a product, regardless of supplier, and enhancing their ability to understand it.
- The standardized format for safety data sheets makes information easier to find. Information is presented in a consistent manner in all safety data sheets, regardless of supplier. In addition, the information that workers and emergency responders need most appears first.
- The information requirements for safety data sheets are considered more comprehensive. Employers and workers will have access to a broader range of hazard information and it will be easier for employers to train their workers.
- Some of the new pictograms are considered to be more easily understood than the old symbols. This will improve hazard communication, particularly to workers who have difficulty reading.
Up to 4 hours depending on participants’ experience levels
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records