BUCKET TRUCK AERIAL LIFT TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
The Bucket Truck Aerial Lift safety courses from Safety First Training are OHSA based programs that teach the setup and safe operation of the bucket truck aerial lift. The courses covers the steps of pre-operation inspections, overall equipment features, safe operation procedures and hazard avoidance. Training is offered around Southern Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge. We also offer Train the Trainer courses for Bucket Truck Aerial Lift.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individuals
Want to take the Online course instead?View Online Course
Bucket Truck Aerial Lift Training & Certification
This course is designed using the following parameters:
• CSA Standard CSA-B354.2-01 (R2013) – The CSA Safety Standard for Aerial lifts/platforms, identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by aerial lift operators. The practical evaluation requires lift truck operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
• Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to aerial lift safety training
• Course Introduction
• Related Government legislation
• Bucket Truck Safety Video
• Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
• Identify various types of aerial lifts
• Pre-operational checks
• Inspection, maintenance, and records
• Lift capacity and load limitations
• Requirements and inspection of Fall Protection Equipment
• Safe operating procedures
Train the Trainer – Bucket Truck Lift
Our professional Train the Trainer certification course for Bucket Truck Lifts allow our clients to learn how to teach OHSA based courses directly to their employees. When individuals or groups of employees need safety training, these train the trainer programs can be more cost effective than hiring outside training companies. We will train you to be an effective Bucket Truck Lift safety trainer for your company.
Our Train the Trainer Course Package include:
- Professional Teaching Guide
- Participant Course Handout
- Evaluation Forms
- Wall Certificate template
- Instructor Course Presentation
- Course Test and Answer Key
- Course Video Supplement
- Wallet Card template
- A bucket truck is used for lifting and lowering workers to places that are too tall for ladders
- Some are designed with a single or double arm boom
- Can be constructed of wood, fiberglass, metal or reinforced plastic
- This is considered a mobile type of aerial lift as it has an aerial device attached to a truck. Made with fiberglass or steel platform (bucket), the aerial mechanism is locked to a hydraulic or electric lifting system (this includes a rotating turret and lifting arms). Bucket Truck operators are required to be trained in fall protection safety as workers can be lifted to increased heights and a safety harness must be worn at all times.
- Also known as an aerial work platform, elevating work platform or mobile elevating work platform
- Generally used for general maintenance
- Usually capable of being set up and operated by a single person
Aerial Lift (Genie Boom)
- Also known as a Telescopic boom
- Perfect for areas with limited access in construction and industrial applications
- Easy to adjust drive speed
Safety – Always!
- Work in compliance with your provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Read and follow your employer’s procedures for Health and Safety
- Read and follow any equipment Operator’s and Manufacturer’s Manual
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to equipment lifting capacity information and warning signs
- Conduct pre-shift inspections, pre-start up inspections, visual inspections
- Report the absence or defect in any equipment or protective device
- Test all equipment functions to ensure proper working condition
- Avoid hazardous situations, steep slopes, grades and drop offs
- Use the equipment for what is was intended and designed for
- Ensure you are properly trained and authorized to use the equipment
Click here for a general Bucket Truck Aerial Lift safety video
The course duration is up to 8 hours, depending on experience level.
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certification and PDF wallet card for their records.