4 DIRECTIONAL REACH FORKLIFT TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
The 4 Directional Reach Forklift (Combilift) Operator Training Course from Safety First Training is an OHSA based program that teaches pre-operation forklift inspection, safe operator requirements, proper forklift load handling, operating and moving the machine and hazard avoidance. Training is offered around Southern Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge. We also offer Train the Trainer courses for 4 Directional Reach (Combilift) Forklifts.
Note – we do not provide public sessions for individuals
4 Directional Reach Forklift Training
This 4 Directional Reach Forklift Training course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation for the Reach Forklift Operator Training course requires operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to lift truck safety.
- 4 Directional Reach Forklift Operator Training Course Introduction
- Related Government legislation
- Reach Forklift Safety Video
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Pre-operational checks
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
- Safe operating procedures
The 4 Directional Reach Forklift or Combilift is a multi directional forklift that eliminates the need for right-angle turns, reducing the aisle width needed for long load handling and bulky loads and features a unique four-directional travel mode that enables outstanding maneuverability and efficiency, and results in less damage.
Train the Trainer – 4 Directional Reach Forklift
Our professional Train the Trainer certification course for 4 Directional Reach Forklift allows our clients to learn how to teach OHSA based courses directly to their employees. When individuals or groups of employees need safety training, these train the trainer programs can be more cost effective than hiring outside training companies. We will train you to be an effective 4 Directional Reach Forklift safety trainer for your company.
Our Train the Trainer Course Package include:
- Professional Teaching Guide
- Participant Course Handout
- Evaluation Forms
- Wall Certificate template
- Instructor Course Presentation
- Course Test and Answer Key
- Course Video Supplement
- Wallet Card template
Counterbalance (Electric or Propane)
- Two types of Counterbalances, Electric and Propane
- Counterbalances are also commonly referred to as “forklift” or “lift truck”
- There are attachments that can be used to make your work easier, but you do need to be trained on how to use them
Narrow Aisle Reach
- Depending on the make, a narrow aisle reach can carry up to 4500 lbs
- Depending on the make, a narrow aisle reach can go to a height of 30’.
- You stand upright to operate and its primary function is pulling & placing products on racks.
- They are designed to work in narrow spaces as well as in-between racking that are spaced closer together.
4 Directional Reach Forklift
- Eliminates the need for right-angle turns
- Reduces the aisle width needed for long load handling and bulky loads
- Unique four-directional travel mode that enables outstanding maneuverability and efficiency, and results in less damage
- Requires different training from the Narrow Aisle Reach in order to operate
- Designed to maximize storage density
- Depending on the make you can get triple your storage capacity using a swing reach
- Commonly referred to as a Reach Truck but the two have different operating systems
- Made in two versions, a sit down and a stand up
- Some models have an increased load capacity of 3000 to 5000 lbs.
- Also known as a pallet jack
- Easy to maneuver and quick to respond to commands
- Great for low level order picking
- Order pickers are used to make the picking process as easy as possible for the operator
- There are 3 different levels of order pickers: low, medium and high
- Order pickers are sometimes referred to as a cherry picker
High Capacity Forklift
- Depending on the model, lifting capacities range from 19000 to 105821 lbs
- Different front end carriages available
- A high capacity forklift makes light work of a heavy load
- Designed for outdoor use in rough terrain
- Depending on the make, the lift capacity is anywhere from 3000 lbs to 46000 lbs
- Can also be used with attachments
Safety – Always!
- Work in compliance with your provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Read and follow your employer’s procedures for Health and Safety
- Read and follow any equipment Operator’s and Manufacturer’s Manual
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to equipment lifting capacity information and warning signs
- Conduct pre-shift inspections, pre-start up inspections, visual inspections
- Report the absence or defect in any equipment or protective device
- Test all equipment functions to ensure proper working condition
- Avoid hazardous situations, steep slopes, grades and drop offs
- Use the equipment for what is was intended and designed for
- Ensure you are properly trained and authorized to use the equipment
Click here to watch a general safety video on Reach Forklifts.
If you have any questions regarding this forklift training certification course for your employees, please contact us, we can help. email@example.com
Up to 8 hours, depending on participants’ experience levels
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive an Order Picker Safety Training certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records